Tag Archives: AskDrReed

Adult Male Circumcision to Treat Phimosis

Dear Dr. Reed,

When would you suggest I think about having an adult circumcision. I have phimosis
which is retractable when flaccid I have with some difficulty, and never able to retract when erect.


Dear Bruce,

If your hygiene is good you could still temporize, but many patients like you might start to think about
an elective circumcision. Usually this type of phimosis does not remain stable because with each micro-trauma
there is subtle injury and loss of elastic fibers, replaced with scar tissue .

Please look at photographic examples of our work on http://penisdoctor.com/adult-circumcision/

Hope you like what you see.
Harold M. Reed, M.D.
The Reed Centre for Ambulatory Urological Surgery – Miami

Phimosis, Should I be Circumcised?

Dr. Reed, I’ve been told I have phimosis and have more and more difficulty retracing my foreskin, occasionally it tears and there is some bleeding for a few hours.  Do you think I should have a circumcision? Dave Dear Dave, Yes.  With each tearing episode, more and more scar tissue is laid down.  Meaning you…Continue Reading

Wants Simultaneous Circumcision Revision and Penile Enlargement(Length)

Dr. Reed,  Can you do a simultaneous circumcision revision and lengthening? Was circumcised 10 years ago, now the foreskin has regrown, photos sent. Mike Dear Mike, Reviewed your photos and with the knowledge you are 5′ 8″ and weigh 235 pounds, your problem is simply being overweight.  Unfortunaely the blousing of your pubic skin will remain…Continue Reading